:: JungFroid's Public Journal ::

daily journal
:: welcome to JungFroid's Public Journal :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..recommended..::]
Heckle the Super-Villain
lom
nisarant
otaking
imonoyama
mimi
quix
quix's livejournal
koyaney
mahal (not mine!)
On-line Photo Album
JungFroid's MoBlogNEW
BenderCam
Crouching Benders, Hidden Cam
katsucon '02 journal part 1
katsucon '02 journal part 2
Ocean City Trip 070602 Journal
Otakon 2002
[::..comics..::]
BBoCS
life of riley
general protection fault
lil'gamers
megatokyo
penny-arcade
pvponline
real life
shaw island
sinfest
exploitation now
[::..pics..::]
Otakon 2002
Barkada & Friends at UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at Paul Kee after UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at G-Town Cafe after GU's AsiaFest
Eliot Chang Comes to the Tavern
Frank Wu Comes Again to AU
more...
[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 ::

Inspiration I find I look for it nowadays, trying to find it in everything I do. Things to motivate, make me feel something. I want to be reminded that I'm alive, that I can be moved by art, music, and people deeply. So I say screw you, gnicklaser! I like that movie quote and felt compelled to share it again, for the first time. Children at a school that we volunteered to perform one of the Filipino dances, the tinikling, for today inspired me. We explained to them what the dance represented, which was that the bamboo poles were like traps for the tikling bird that rice farmers put out for them and that the dancers were like the birds, avoiding the traps. After the dance, we had the most interesting bout of question and answer: Student1: "I liked the dance!" Student2: "Wouldn't the traps break the birds' legs?" Student3: "I really liked the dance...!" Student4: "Did the farmers just wait all day with the poles to catch the birds?" Student5: "I loved the dance!" and last but not least Student6: "What happened to the bird after it was trapped?" Kuyaney (to Filipina526): (whispering) "they let them go?" Filipina526: (nods) Kuyaney: (with renewed conviction) "They let them go!"

:: JungFroid :: 12/11/2002 12:59:00 AM [+] ::
.................................................................
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?