:: JungFroid's Public Journal ::

daily journal
:: welcome to JungFroid's Public Journal :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..recommended..::]
Heckle the Super-Villain
lom
nisarant
otaking
imonoyama
mimi
quix
quix's livejournal
koyaney
mahal (not mine!)
On-line Photo Album
JungFroid's MoBlogNEW
BenderCam
Crouching Benders, Hidden Cam
katsucon '02 journal part 1
katsucon '02 journal part 2
Ocean City Trip 070602 Journal
Otakon 2002
[::..comics..::]
BBoCS
life of riley
general protection fault
lil'gamers
megatokyo
penny-arcade
pvponline
real life
shaw island
sinfest
exploitation now
[::..pics..::]
Otakon 2002
Barkada & Friends at UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at Paul Kee after UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at G-Town Cafe after GU's AsiaFest
Eliot Chang Comes to the Tavern
Frank Wu Comes Again to AU
more...
[::..archive..::]

:: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 ::

Unacceptable Ok, Quentin Tarantino was/is an ok director/producer of movies. I enjoyed watching Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, etc. back in the day. His stuff kinda gets old tho; I can't say by any stretch that he is on a par with Oliver Stone. So, it just pisses me off even more when I see that he has "helped" release Iron Monkey here in the states. I look at the cover, and what I see is HIS name first, HIS interview first on the list of bonus features on the DVD, HIS name before any of the real contributors to the film in the credits on the back cover, and HIS name (in big letters nonetheless) before the title in the beginning of the movie. WTF does he have to do with the movie, Iron Monkey? Did he direct it? no. Did he produce it? no. Did he help choreograph the incredible fight-scenes and wire-work? HELLS NO. He had NOTHING to do with the movie other than upon watching it the first time, he thought, "Wow, what a cool movie! Everyone in America needs to see this!" so, to his credit, it has become widely available here domestically. BUT WHY IS HIS FUCKING NAME ALL OVER THE GODDAMN DVD!?!? whatever. fine. he got it to come out here in the states. But, he didn't even preserve it. The cover does not even portray any of the stars in the film, and MUCH has been cut and changed from the original film. Don't fuck with me Tarantino. I know this freakin' movie, frame by frame. Translations have been changed, scenes cut short, scenes where characters are coughing up blood have been reduced(but for whose benefit, I really don't know. A PG-13 can surely have been kept nowadays without touching them), and there was so much cut in the last fight scene (again, for who or why, I cannot even fathom). Tarantino, if you're gonna claim credit for a movie you had nothing to do with, why don't you at least leave the movie alone, and save yourself the trouble and money?

:: JungFroid :: 6/18/2002 10:03:00 AM [+] ::
.................................................................
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?