:: JungFroid's Public Journal ::daily journal | |
| :: welcome to JungFroid's Public Journal :: bloghome | contact :: | |
|
:: Sunday, April 28, 2002 :: In Response... to Praxis Loki's post, i felt i should say something, to at least add to the thought-pool. or something. It's not necessarily an opinion of mine, just another perspective i was given while an econ major. I remember a particularly dick of a prof in my econ curriculum (a whole other story) that mentioned that these protests of unfair labor practices in 3rd world countries were ignoring the fact that these practices exist because of the natural economic law of supply and demand. These 3rd worlders have a comparative advantage to 1st worlders such as the US. That advantage is a supply of cheap labor, where the price we pay for their work is not all that horrible, considering the standard and price of living in said country. Just cuz what we pay them we could do nothing with in the US, that same amount of money can sustain them in their countries. Of course, this statement opens up a whole barrel of other arguments, but we won't go there. I'm just stating a perspective, not nec. my own. I feel a lot like Praxis, apathetic, living the way I've always been living, ignoring the outside world cuz it doesn't affect me until they start throwing planes at our buildings. but then, just as the terror subsides, life goes back to normal, as if nothing had really happened. seriously speaking, i don't really feel all that different after 9/11, and i feel like shit about it. or do I?
Comments:
|
|
|
|
|