:: JungFroid's Public Journal ::

daily journal
:: welcome to JungFroid's Public Journal :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..recommended..::]
Heckle the Super-Villain
lom
nisarant
otaking
imonoyama
mimi
quix
quix's livejournal
koyaney
mahal (not mine!)
On-line Photo Album
JungFroid's MoBlogNEW
BenderCam
Crouching Benders, Hidden Cam
katsucon '02 journal part 1
katsucon '02 journal part 2
Ocean City Trip 070602 Journal
Otakon 2002
[::..comics..::]
BBoCS
life of riley
general protection fault
lil'gamers
megatokyo
penny-arcade
pvponline
real life
shaw island
sinfest
exploitation now
[::..pics..::]
Otakon 2002
Barkada & Friends at UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at Paul Kee after UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at G-Town Cafe after GU's AsiaFest
Eliot Chang Comes to the Tavern
Frank Wu Comes Again to AU
more...
[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 ::

KATSUCON JOURNAL just got back from Katsucon, and it was a blast! about 6 hours, at most, of sleep the whole weekend. What a great way to feel high tho; once you've been up for like 18 hours or so, everything gets really funny. I couldn't stop laughing at vid-ops, it was great. So, basically, the whole con for me was just working, but it was great. I got to work with so many cool people, and meet new ones. Working consisted of keeping the video rooms running, and covering my shift and overlapping it w/ others. Again, the DVK(Der Video Korps.) worked together as a well-oiled machine and wowed the upper management of Katsucon. Again. We rock. DVK consisted of the staff of Craig as head, Dirk as his direct assistant, Ian, Chuck, Jason, Neale, and me, plus the countless number of volunteers we received from the con to help man the whole operation. Gophers of note, and by no means is this list exhaustive, Gregory, John, Mark?, Matt?, Michelle, Pam, etc. Please let me know if i forgot someone. I really do appreciate all the help we got, and i thank Craig for giving me the opportunity to prove myself to the con and the greater good! hehe. But, don't get me wrong, we didn't do all this for free; we got some mad loot for it. Volunteers got t-shirts, food, our gratitude!, etc, while the DVK got some crazy vids which we divvied up. Myself, I got tons of dvds: AMG! Movie, Jin-Roh, all of Black Heaven, Saint Tail's 1 and 2(which I traded out Love Hina for, sorry Raulie!), Assemble Insert, and a couple others I can't remember. Plus, I got a tape of Japanese Cosplayers and a episode of City Hunter on tape. We worked hard for this loot, believe you me. speaking of which, I was able to grab the eye of the tech group upstairs in main programming. i guess after i helped out w/ the region 2 dvd problem(which we fixed by just using my dvd-enabled laptop), not only did they make me an honorary member of their group (check out the sticker they put on my staff tag), Dr. Andy wanted to see if he could get me in on his group next year. I told him that my loyalties lie with Craig, but i'd be wiling to help out any way i can, of course. He was gonna be pitching an idea to the con chairs about having all of the tech groups together under one umbrella for increased customer satisfaction, turnaround, and response-time of tech-related problems, issues, etc. So, I guess we'll see. It was nice to be complimented as such :) notable quotes: "penis..." "Penis..!" "PENIS!!!!!" "This Sailor Venus, has a penis..." this next section, courtesy of Neale's memory: Homer "You could totally see the outline of his unit and it was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!" Neale: *laugh!* *shiver!* "ugggh!" "Ew, this one's all dark and spooky. Let's go somewhere else!" --Sailor Moon girl to her male friend, after waiting in line to gain access to a sold-out screening of a film called "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" Jason: (to Iron Artist veteran, Steve Bennett) "Look man, I don't know who you are..." Ian: "Duude, he spooged!" Dirk: "Every 5 minutes, somebody's pulling fruit out from somewhere!" Neale: (to Pam & Michelle) "I could totally tell when I first met you [two] that you weren't sisters..." Homer: (to Dirk) "You're the oldest, right...?" Craig: (after at least 24 hours without sleep) "...I just realized my name is Craig. And the only reason I know that is because it's written on my nametag." Jason: (grinning wide, calling the porn star guests by their first names) "She remembered me!" Jessica Calvello, voice actress: (removing everything from her purse, including porn boxed sets) "Uh, that's not mine!" (handing them to Homer) "It's my brother's!" (looking up and away) "I'm not into that sort of thing, you know!" Homer: (laughing) "I am!" Jessica Calvello: (to Homer, after doing autographs) "You can give those back now; those are mine!" Radio: "(static)...Lisa Ortiz..." Neale: "Sorry, didn't copy that. Programming 3? Over." Radio: "(static)...Lisa Ortiz..." Neale: "What about Programming 3? I couldn't understand you, you're breaking up. Over." Radio: "(static)...Lisa Ortiz..." Neale: "Salon 3? Over." Radio: "Will somebody PLEASE tell Neale about L-i-s-a O-r-t-i-z...?!!" Neale: "Something about a 'nice breeze'? Over?" Radio: "........!!!" An Australian patron staying at the hotel, upon observing otaku in costume: "That can't be healthy..." Fil: (dressed in a business suit, looking away) "No, probably not..." LOL Met Jessica Calvello, the veteran American dub voice for Mink in Dragon Half, in the concourse, Friday evening, i believe, and she was lost, looking for a guest panel. By the time we found the room she was looking for, it was long done. oh well. She complimented me on my eyes...teehee! "You've got really beautiful eyes." "Really? Thanks." *blush* Compliments aside, she was really cool to hang with and talk with. She really does love her fans, and from what I saw, the fans love her! She's cute, has an addictive personality, and cute! anyways, her stay was less than enjoyable, since she didn't get the best service from con staff at times, which is really regrettable. I hope she reconsiders and joins us again! Well, me and Neale will be talking about this to higher management, so hopefully, something can be done. She couldn't make it to the autograph session cuz it was too early and she had to check out of her room, plus she was dancing until 3am the night before; unfortunately, couldn't find her on the floor to join her then, oh well. Neale found her in the hall on sunday and brought her to me! so, i was able to get a cool sig on my staff tag. :) Neale was also able to get his Those Who Hunt Elves DVD signed too! Look how excited he was to get it :) Among the cool people i met, i also met Kawamura-san! Maria Kawamura, the original voice actress doing the voices of Naga in Slayers, and Jung Freud ^_^ in Gunbuster, i found to be the quintissential performer. She was incredibly adorable. You just wanna hold her, squeeze her, and call her George! And according to upper management, she was the only guest they've had that had a whole list of ideas that she wanted to do at the con. We were fortunate enough to see a few of those plans come to fruition. She held a mini-concert, right before the dance on saturday night, and I was able to para-para with them on that! I walked in on the rehearsal on friday, and I asked Pocky if they needed any more dancers, cuz they looked so cool behind her on stage dancing like idol-singers, and I was like, I can do that! I wanna do that! Pocky was like, "You want to dance? Sure!" w00t! so I got to dance w/ them that night after practicing for like 5 minutes. heh. It was a simple dance, so don't give me too much credit. Here we are right before practicing for the last time. Unfortunately, our time in the limelight was overshadowed by the onrush of like 50 fans who hit the stage when just the few dancers were supposed to. It almost turned real bad, as security tried to keep them off, including the dancers!, but it was cool, and Kawamura-san was real calm, and just played along. It was interesting, to say the least. What was cool was that the several times i met Kawamura-san during the con, she remembered me, cuz I think she remembered how enthusiastic I was to get the chance to dance with her, heh. She was really cool, and when I said good-bye to her after the end of the staff dinner on sunday night, I just went up and grabbed her and hugged her, thanked her for coming, and she said to me, no lie: "You my dog!" *sigh* we will miss her :) note: i was able to get my Perfect Gunbuster CD Collection insert signed by her :) more updates as I remember more of the con...

:: JungFroid :: 2/20/2002 09:26:00 AM [+] ::
.................................................................
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?