:: JungFroid's Public Journal ::

daily journal
:: welcome to JungFroid's Public Journal :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..recommended..::]
Heckle the Super-Villain
lom
nisarant
otaking
imonoyama
mimi
quix
quix's livejournal
koyaney
mahal (not mine!)
On-line Photo Album
JungFroid's MoBlogNEW
BenderCam
Crouching Benders, Hidden Cam
katsucon '02 journal part 1
katsucon '02 journal part 2
Ocean City Trip 070602 Journal
Otakon 2002
[::..comics..::]
BBoCS
life of riley
general protection fault
lil'gamers
megatokyo
penny-arcade
pvponline
real life
shaw island
sinfest
exploitation now
[::..pics..::]
Otakon 2002
Barkada & Friends at UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at Paul Kee after UMCP FCA's The Picture
Barkada and Friends at G-Town Cafe after GU's AsiaFest
Eliot Chang Comes to the Tavern
Frank Wu Comes Again to AU
more...
[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, January 06, 2003 ::

I Love NY Saw 4 shows in NY this past New Year break. Man, crazy times. Saw Flower Drum Song, The Graduate, Cabaret, and I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change. All very entertaining. There's just something about live theatre that enthralls me. Flower was just "ok." It wasn't as riveting as Miss Saigon, but it did have our beloved Lea in it. She's so typecast, but she has that innocent dreamer-gone-jaded thing down pat. Some decent songs, wonderful set, very precise and coordinated cast, but the story was so lacking. It was just a re-hash of over-done themes. But, I'll prolly get the soundtrack anyways :P Fan-song was my favorite! The Graduate was good. I'd never seen the movie or anything, so I hadn't seen the story yet, altho I knew of course the main theme. Very well done, interesting to see the psychiatrist from The Sopranos go buck-naked in front of an audience, whew. Supposed to be a new thing, going nude in front of a live audience nowadays *shrug* I had never seen Cabaret, and had no idea what to expect. It was good. Guess it's a time-old classic. Nice twist at the end. Won't say more, so you can be surprised too, when you see it. If you see it. You better see it! I Love You. Off-broadway, I wasn't expecting much, but I heard good things, and boy were they right. Very entertaining, and my easiest favorite of the bunch. Great songs, hilarious timing, the whole kit-and-kaboodle. :) Unfortunately, you can't take pictures or movies in any of these theatres, or you'd be seeing them here. I only have pics from walking around NY, so hopefully that will satiate you. Included are footage from New Years Eve, and seeing the ball drop. Which we didn't really see. Cuz we were 2 MILES AWAY. But, i'm not bitter. good company, good times. ;) Now that I'm back and caught up on rest from all the driving, and not waiting in the TKTS line in the biting cold for hours for broadway tickets, I can say it was worth it. Good times :) Thanks to Mo and fam! :)

:: JungFroid :: 1/06/2003 04:21:00 PM [+] ::
.................................................................
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?